This week featured music from acid jazz legends Thievery Corporation and St Germain and included stylish sounds from Groove Armada and the Brazilectro series. I love this kind of music as I find it has the great ability to transport me to other places and times. This is very sophisticated and stylish music which is just perfect for the last weeks of a hot summer.
[audio:hands.mp3,not.mp3,super.mp3,emerald.mp3,tonight.mp3,rose.mp3,march.mp3,rain.mp3,leb.mp3|titles=Hands of Time,He Not In,Superstylin',Emerald Alley,Tonight,Rose Rouge,Marching the Hate Machines,Rainbow,Lebanese Blonde|artists=Groove Armada,Chicken Lips,Groove Armada,Up Bustle and Out,Justin,St Germain,Thievery Corporation,The 13th Sign,Thievery Corporation]
- Hands of Time - Groove Armada - From the amazing soundtrack to the film Collateral, this song is a firm favourite of mine. Give the whole soundtrack a listen - it's really good.
- He Not In - Chicken Lips - From Groove Armada's Doin' It After Dark compilation. I really love this song and can definitely play it over and over again ad infinitum.
- Superstylin' - Groove Armada - I really love this song. I just love the way it breaks with that deep base. This song makes me want to stand up on my desk at work and dance. Thank goodness for impulse control.
- Emerald Alley - Up, Bustle & Out - From Thievery Corporation's DJ Kicks compilation. I really enjoy this song and have even managed to get hold of the whole Up, Bustle & Out album. When it is time for ambient dub week I will do a review.
- Tonight - Justin - From the Brazilectro series, the essence of plinky plonky piano and dance music. These albums conjure up images of long summer evenings spent dancing the night away and sipping exotic looking cocktails. Lovely music and this is one of my favourite songs.
- Rose Rouge - St. Germain - I think this was one of the first acid jazz songs to ever grab my attention. I love this song - it is so sophisticated and jazzy.
- Marching the Hate Machines (Into the Sun) - Thievery Corporation (feat. The Flaming Lips) - this song is a downtempo masterpiece from Thievery's amazing fourth studio album, The Cosmic Game. The album is really good and this song is an excellent opener.
- Rainbow - The 13th Sign - another track from Thievery's DJ Kicks. This track makes me imagine lounging about in a rain forest in the middle of the Amazon. Stunning track.
- Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation - This is my favourite song from the album The Mirror Conspiracy. Beautifully stylish and downtempo, it is the perfect ending to this weeks' playlist.